It’s another Magical Monday around here! This week we are immersed in Disney around our house via the Peter Pan ballet that my girls are in! We will be singing “I Won’t Grow Up” and “I Gotta Crow” in our sleep by the end of the week. It’s going to be awesome.
Today we are going to discuss a very handy service that will help you if you are flying into Orlando, Florida (MCO) and staying at a Disney resort. This Magic Express is a complimentary motor coach service and luggage service.
Here’s how this works:
- Make your flight reservations.
- Call Disney to make your Magic Express reservations.
- 2-3 prior to your travel date, you will receive luggage tags in the mail for each person.
- Attach a luggage tag to each suitcase that you plan to check.
- Once you arrive at MCO, you will follow the signs for the Magic Express. Remember to keep your magic bands with you to check in. You will not go to baggage claim to pick up your luggage.
- The Magic Express will load you up, along with your carry on items and take you to your resort. The motorcoach is comfortable, so you will be able to sit back and relax. There is also a cute little welcome video that will play during your ride that will keep the kids, and adults alike, occupied.
- Your luggage will arrive to your resort room 2-3 hours after you arrive.
- The night before your departure, you will receive a note on your door to let you know what time to be at the transportation area of your resort for your Magic Express (or, as Disney-lovers call it, the Tragic Express) back to the airport. This time you will just keep all your luggage with you to check when you get to the airport.
It took us around 45 minutes to get from the airport to our resort. We made sure to keep any clothes we might want to put on right away and our magic bands in our carry on. That way you have what you need to check in to your resort room and get to a park or start exploring the resorts. That’s the basics, but you can find all of the details on the Disney website. (Pay no attention to the terrible cell phone pics! We arrived pretty late at night and we were exhausted, haha.)
Heading to Disney soon and want to check out my other tips? Click on the links below.
Disney’s All Star Value Resorts
6 Reasons to Stay on Property
3 Ways We Saved on Food at Disney
4 Character Dining Suggestions
4 Reasons to Love Disney in the Fall
Magical Mondays Intro Post
All the Disney World Series posts here!