Wedding day details make a huge difference in the look and feel of your wedding day as well as the overall experience of your guests. They can also be quite costly. As a wedding photographer, I always say the more the merrier. But, for the sake of saving your budget, here are a few low cost details that can make a big impact.
- Welcome Gifts – I hadn’t heard about this trend until recently, but I love it. Welcome gifts are generally given to guests who have travelled a distance to attend your wedding, typically left in a hotel room. This doesn’t have to cost much, but is such a sweet gesture and makes people feel special.
- Restroom Baskets – If your reception venue doesn’t offer amenities in the restrooms, gather up a few essentials, put them in a pretty basket and place them there yourselves. Things to include: feminine products, bandaids, tylenol, hairspray, bobby pins, spray deodorant.
- Late Night Snacks – I absolutely love this idea! Guests who have been rocking out on the dance floor at night, likely drinking alcohol, are going to love a late night snack. It also gives them something in their stomachs before they head home. You can be elaborate with this, but you don’t have to spend a ton of money to make this fun. Popcorn, chips and salsa, soft pretzels, and tacos are a few I’ve seen, but the possibilities are endless.
- Ribbon – Adding little touches of ribbon in your wedding colors to your place settings will add just a little pop of color and really dress them up. As you begin decorating, you will probably find other places that could use a little something extra and oftentimes, ribbon will do the trick.
- Greenery – I LOVE greenery! Order some extra greenery for things like the place settings, head table or cake table. This simple step adds a lot of elegance and it’s super easy!To read more Wedding Wednesday tips, you can click on the “For Brides” section below.
If you are looking for a wedding photographer for your 2017-18 wedding, I would love to talk with you! Head to our home page and fill out the contact form at the bottom of the page. I’ll be in touch quickly!